PNNL Isotope Program
The Isotope Program at Pacific Northwest National Laboratory supports scientific advances in the production and use of radioisotopes for research, medicine, and industrial applications.
We perform work for the Department of Energy's Isotope Development and Production for Research and Applications (IDPRA) subprogram of the Office of Nuclear Physics in the DOE Office of Science. This DOE subprogram produces and sells stable isotopes and radioisotopes world-wide, including materials from our Laboratory. Please direct requests for purchase of isotopes to: The National Isotopes Development Center, Isotope Business Office at Oak Ridge National Laboratory, email: email@example.com.
Isotope Production—ensuring an adequate supply of medical and industrial radioisotopes
- Advanced, high-purity radiochemical separation techniques for obtaining
- Automated radiochemical systems for zirconium-89
Applications Research—identifying new chemistry solutions
- Advanced radiochemical separations and automated systems
- Brachytherapy seed design and testing
- Injectable radionuclide-polymer composites for high-dose interstitial cancer treatment
- Nanoparticle constructs for cell-directed radioimmunotherapy of cancer
Client Technical Support—serving the special needs of our clients
- External and internal radiation dosimetry
- Radioisotope power sources
- Isotope Generator testing and troubleshooting